My favourite go-to started when dining out is bruschetta. Fresh and crunchy and so delicious, I have always wanted to try it making it at home. I present you an easy, and quick way to make bruschetta at home.
I was working on my adaptation of the gluten-free and vegan focaccia recipe which is rosemary and garlic, and while I was taking the photos for the blog, and smelling the crispy focaccia, basil, and local cherry tomatoes, I quickly mixed up some bruschetta and had a delicious afternoon snack!
Bruschetta is the star on every table. It is a great appetizer, as a starter, a snack.
The bruschetta on the photos is served on my homemade gluten-free and vegan Focaccia recipe with rosemary and garlic.
- 10-15 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1- 2 cloves of garlic (optional, see notes)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- a sprinkle of black pepper
- a sprinkle of sea salt
– 4 – 5 basil leaves
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in small cubes. Place in a bowl.
- Finely chop the basil leaves. Add to the bowl together with the cherry tomatoes.
- Finely chop your garlic (optional, see note). Add to the mixture, together with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix well and add the sea salt, black pepper to taste. Mix again.
- Spread the bruschetta mix on top of your bread. And enjoy!
Tips: If you use my focaccia recipe, I do not suggest you add more garlic in the bruschetta.
You can also add finely chopped Maltese olives or black olives to give the mixture a Mediterranean/ greek touch.
Let your food be your medicine.
And voilà! We are ready! This recipe is simple and quick to prepare and I really hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Please as always let me know in the comments if you tried the recipe, and there were any substitutes that you used. We are all on this journey together learning from each other!